How We Align TeleTherapy With Your Needs
During COVID-19, Louis Laves-Webb, LCSW, LPC-S and associates will continue to provide all encompassing online therapy counseling services for individuals, couples, groups, and families. Here's what we do to make our TeleTherapy align with your needs:
- We provide a simple, easy, and user friendly website, making it effortless to educate yourself about our therapists and learn about our counseling philosophy and techniques.
- We provide same day, evening and weekend appointments
- We have a dozen therapists on staff ensuring that we can provide a broad range of specializations and expertise.
- We provide introductory videos and bios of all of our staff psychotherapists, allowing clients to experience our therapists and “get a feel” of each of them to help determine fit and area of interest.
- We provide an extensive blog platform allowing clients to educate themselves on a variety of topics from abusive patterns and personality disorders to relaxation techniques and interpretation of dreams.
- We provide services in Spanish, including a Spanish version of our website
- We provide an extensive bibliotherapy section allowing clients to help locate resources that can help serve as an adjunct to their therapy services
- We provide sliding scale, reduced fee, and pro bono counseling
- We partner with Psychiatrist and Mental Health Nurse Practitioners to help provide our clients with a “no wait” medication evaluation when clinically indicated.
- We provide a COVID-19 online support group.
- We provide a pro bono online support group for first responders of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We tailor our TeleTherapy services to the needs of our clients and utilize a range of services tailoring the medium to our clients’ requests. We utilize phone, Zoom and simple practice.
- We specialize in a broad variety of areas including: Children, Trauma, Anger Management, Autism-Spectrum Disorders, Sex therapy, PTSD, Mindfulness, Yoga-Therapy, Anxiety, Groups, eating disorders, LGBTQ, veteran services, EMDR, addiction, abusive relationships, and couples counseling.
Tips for Transitioning to TeleTherapy
Online therapy can be a little intimidating initially because it’s a new platform for receiving psychotherapy services. Here are some tips that can help make the adjustment from face-to-face counseling to on-line counseling more seamless:
- Find a place where you can speak freely.
- Take some time before your appointment to familiarize yourself with the platform you’re going to be utilizing during your sessions.
- Feel free to speak with your therapist before hand about what to expect or what it may be like to take your sessions on line.
- Take some time during your session to process how it feels or what it’s like to be speaking with your counselor online.
- Use this unique opportunity to invite your therapist to get to know a little more tangibly what it’s like for you in your own space. Feel free to introduce them to your pet, to show them some items that have special significance for you, or simply to dress in your comfort wear for the session.
We all find ourselves in a very unique set of circumstances and with that a lot of things in our world have needed recalibration; psychotherapy services have accomplished this change with Telehealth. Although online therapy can appear a bit different and anxiety provoking initially, 20 minutes into your first session it will become apparent that it is still very much one therapist truly wanting to understand you and offer some sort of healing irrespective of the staging of interaction. Here's what some of our patients have said about our TeleTherapy sessions:
“I was reticent at first, but I really needed some help and so I figured I would try it. I’m glad I did, I was able to understand things my first session that I had been confused about for months” - M.C.
“I had been seeing my therapist for some time and it was a no brainer to transition over to teletherapy. It’s the same person with the same compassion just in a different way” - B.D.
Learn more about our online counseling and the services we offer. When you're ready, schedule your consultation online!